Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Product Review: Body Butter from The Body Shop

Sorry I was MIA last week! I had a bit of family stuff going on that needed all my attention. I am back now with my very first product review. Today I am reviewing The Body Shop's Body Butter's.

(Left to right: Strawberry, Coconut)
I have tried 3 different kinds of these (although I only have these 2 tubs left). I have gone through 1 coconut, 1 strawberry and 1 pink grapefruit. These 2 tubs are my second of coconut and strawberry.

I received these as a gift from a friend but my opinion is my own.

I love how the coconut smells. It is a fake coconut scent, not by any means the real thing however, I enjoy the scent of any coconut things (fake or real). I didn't like how the pink grapefruit smelled, it was a little too sour to me.  As for the strawberry one... it has good days and bad. Sometimes I love it and it smells sweet and other days it smells... weird. I can't quite put my finger on it.

     The texture is nice, creamy and soft. It absorbs fairly quickly too, considering it is a body butter.

As for the moisturizing aspect of this product, I am not too impressed. I have very dry flakey skin and I applied this mainly when I got out of the shower. I take showers at night (not exactly by choice) so I can tell a product is good when I wake up and my skin still feels great. I did notice a difference from when I applied these to when I didn't apply anything however, I didn't think they moisturized as well as my other body butter and my lotion (reviews coming soon).

These aren't as easy to get my hands on as my lotion so I think that might be my biggest hang up, that and the price. They aren't cheap. The full size one's are $19.00 (on ulta.com). These are smaller than the full size ones but I can't seem to find this size of tub anymore and the picture on the packaging as changed.
So all in all I am not a fan of these. If I am going to splurge and spend $19.00 on a lotion I kind of want to be wowed (since my favorite lotion costs less than $9 for more than triple the product!).

If you have any other product reviews you want to see let me know!

Talk to you next time!

No comments: