Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Collective Haul

This is (as you can tell) a collective haul! There was a sale on a certain product at my local Walmart and I received a coupon from Ulta. So these are the items...
(Left to right standing up)
NYX hi definition concealer in CW04 beige (normally $4.99)
It Cosmetics your skin but better cc+ in light (normally $38.00)
Maybelline instant age rewind dark circle eraser in brightener (normally $8.99)
NYX butter gloss in Apple Strudel (normally $4.99)
Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 20 sand sable (normally $6.99)

(Left to right laying down)
Flower line and shine lip liner in Nude (normally $6.98)
Flower line and shine lip liner in Cherry Red (normally $6.98)
Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge (normally $5.99)
Flower line and shine lip liner in Plum (normally $6.98)
Flower line and shine lip liner in Rose (normally $6.98)

This haul is actually from a couple weeks ago but I wanted to be able to tell you my thoughts (at least a little) on each product. 

(Left to right: NYX concealer, Maybelline dark circle eraser, Maybelline Fit Me concealer)

NYX hi definition concealer: The shade I got is on the yellow side. For my neutral skin tone it's not that big of a deal. I have tried this for blemishes and under the eye. I gotta say I like it for blemishes better. This dried out my under eye no matter how moisturized it was. I tried it with the blending sponge and with my fingers and like it for blemishes. 

(It Cosmetics cc+)

It Cosmetics your skin but better cc+: This I LOVE! I like a lighter coverage anyway, i'm not about the cakey, crusty looking face. This looks so great on me. I tried applying this with my fingers, with a brush and with the sponge. My favorite is with the sponge. It looks as natural as I have ever gotten makeup to look on me. This is not full coverage, so if you like that you may not like this but my usual foundation routine is with a BB cream anyway, so this is right up my alley. It looks a tad bit gray until you blend it out, but I think both yellow and pink undertones could pull this off.  

Maybelline instant age rewind dark circle eraser: I have tried this before and it was okay. I got the wrong shade (but I made it work) so I thought that's why I didn't like it very much. I heard all the big time YouTubers say they used the brightener shade, I thought I would give that a whirl. This shade is almost to pink.. I can make it work as long as I mix it with a yellower concealer, but I highly doubt unless I can figure this thing out I may never buy it again. If I don't mix it with a yellow concealer it looks oddly bright under my eyes and around my face. I know that's its job however it looms weird on me. Like I said, I have a neutral undertone so something g super pink looks off. It's not the formula I'm having issues with its the colors I'm choosing for myself. But still, if I can't figure out what shade I'm in what is the point of wasting money.. 

(NYX butter gloss)

NYX butter gloss: Where have you butter glosses been all my life?! I have heard amazing things about this product! I expected nothing less than awesome and this did not disappoint. It's creamy but not to sticky. It's quite pigmented but a beautiful topper of lipsticks also. I will be purchasing all the shades!

Maybelline Fit Me concealer: This is the concealer I mix the age rewind concealer with for under my eyes (sometimes). For an everyday look I use just this and I have to say I'm enjoying it. This works under my eyes as well as on blemishes. I use the sponge to blend it in. It does crease but I have never found a primer or concealer that helped with that with that so... such is life :). Just a side note, I don't have horrible blemishes (anymore) or horrible under eye circles so my main use for this is to cover a little under eye circles and a few scars from old blemishes. I do think it has great coverage even if you do have a little worse problems. 

(Top to bottom: Nude, Rose, Cherry Red, Plum)

Flower line and shine lip liner: I will just talk about all these at once. My favorite is Rose and Cherry Red, only because those are colors I wear frequently. I'm so excited for plum this fall though! The nude one is very (to much) nude to use it alone. I use it to tone down other lip colors or to make an ombre lip. These are easy to apply and creamy. I have a big problem with all lip products eventually making my lips dry out and unfortunately this is no exception. It's not huge fail to me though, I work around this problem. All in all I like these liners... a lot! :)

There you have it folks. My currant haul with mini reviews. If you have any questions please leave them in the comments below. 

Talk to you later! 



No comments: